Teacher Training 200/Carmel
Awaken the teacher within
Teaching yoga is so much more than learning a series of asana. Yoga allows us to embrace everyday experiences and turn them into deep changes in our everyday lives. Confidence, self-worth, and emotional balance are revealed as we embody the essence of unity within. This unique training is grounded in anatomy and yoga therapy with direct application to students with many levels of abilities, injuries and intentions. We employ an active learning approach with a focus on specific areas of study. Working from the myriad tools of yoga therapy this course steps out of the classical and the rote and into new beginnings giving teachers a deep understanding of balancing the many layers of our being.
Friday evening, Saturday and Sundays
Class hours: Friday, 6-9 p.m. Saturday 12:15-7:15 p.m. Sunday 11:45-5:00 p.m.
Unit One: Anatomy of a Healthy Practice
October 20-22, November 3-5, December 1-3, 2017
Unit Two: Asana, Alignment and Adjustments
January 5-7 & 19-21, February 9-11 & 23-25, 2018
Unit Three: Exploring the Subtle Bodies
March 9-11 & 23-25, April 6-8, 2018
Will be offered on various Sundays 4:45-6:15 p.m. (after class) and some Thursday evenings (7:30-8:30).
Dates to be announced. Students are required to attend 10 hours of practicum.
- 15 hours of take home assignments
- 25 Additional Yoga Class Hours or Workshops: These Classes and Workshops must be taken with instructors at Yoga Center of Carmel or the Teacher Training faculty, or approved Certified Yoga Instructors in other venues.
- Students can make up one weekend of absence and finish the course by attending another weekend offered in the 300-hour training.
- $2500 ($500 Deposit with application). Final payment of $2000 due Oct. 7, 2017(credit cards not accepted)
- $2600 if paid after October 7, 2017
- $2700 if using Installment Plan; $675 with application; Installment payments of $675 due November 1; December 1, 2017; January 1, 2018
Deposits are refundable up to 8 weeks (Aug 25, 2017) prior to the beginning of training. If written cancellation is received after that date, deposit is non-refundable unless another participant can fill the spot.
- 10 weekend Intensives
- Discount on all Yoga Center of Carmel classes and Workshops for duration of Course
- Eligibility to become a 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT200) through Yoga Alliance
- Tuition does not include required texts. These must be purchased separately.
Yoga Center of Carmel, Sunset Cultural Center, Cottage #18 on 10th Ave. near San Carlos St. Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA
Karen Quinn, ERYT500, Certified Yoga Therapist, Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner is the lead instructor for this training. She brings 18 years and over 10,000 hours of teaching experience to create trainings rich in anatomy, alignment and ahimsa. Her emphasis is on sharing the many tools of yoga therapy that allows students to discover the wonder and ease of this ancient practice. In addition, we have assembled an incredible group of instructors with years of hands on experience to share their knowledge and expertise so that you can share with others the many gifts of yoga.
For more information or to apply contact: Karen Quinn email@example.com