Teacher Training 200 /Denver-2018
Awaken the Teacher Within-A Journey to the Self
This unique training is grounded in anatomy and yoga therapy with direct application to students with many levels of abilities, injuries and intentions. We employ an active learning approach with a focus on specific areas of study. This experience is much more than learning how to teach yoga. It’s an invitation to expand the mind, open the heart and heal the body.
Friday evening, Saturday and Sundays
Friday, 5:00-9:00 pm Saturday, 11:00 am – 6:00 pm, Sunday, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
January 26-28, 2018, February 2-4, February 23-25
March 9-11, March 23-25, April 6-8
- Nine weekend Intensives
- Practicum: Minimum 10 hours of practice teaching
- Take Home Assignments -15 hrs
- Class Observations-3 hrs
- Additional Yoga Classes or Workshops-20 hrs as approved by lead instructor
- $2500 ($500 deposit with application). Final payment of $2000 due January 5, 2018
- $2600 if paid after January 5, 2018
- $2700 if using installment plan: $675 with application; $675 due January 5; February 5; March 5, 2018
- Credit cards not accepted
Deposits are refundable up to 8 weeks (Dec 1, 2017) prior to the beginning of training. Written cancellations received after that date are non-refundable unless the spot can be filled by another participant.
- History and Evolution of Yoga-bringing the classical into the modern world
- Yoga Philosophy-wisdom of the ages
- Anatomy & Physiology-breathing life into the principles of movement
- Ahimsa in Asana-nonharming movement rooted in anatomy
- Intelligent Sequencing-designing transformative classes
- Yoga Nidra/Meditation-power of the pause
- Pranayama-strengthening the body through breath awareness
- Business practices-ethics and presentation skills
- Practicum-assisting, observing, creating your own teaching style
Classes held at Rishi’s Community Yoga, 2750 S. Wadsworth Blvd, D-202, Denver CO
Karen Quinn, ERYT500, Certified Yoga Therapist, Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner is the lead instructor for this training. She brings 18 years and over 10,000 hours of teaching experience to create trainings rich in anatomy, alignment and ahimsa. Her emphasis is on sharing the many tools of yoga therapy that allows students to discover the wonder and ease of this ancient practice. In addition, we have assembled an incredible group of instructors with years of hands on experience to share their knowledge and expertise so that you can share with others the many gifts of yoga.
Topics covered in the 200 hours course meet or exceed the required standards of the Yoga Alliance.
For more information contact email@example.com or www.rcyoga.com